Industry Institute Partnership Cell
Higher Education paradigm in our country is evolving fast. Now the challenge before all the stakeholders is to derive maximum benefit for all for Institutions, Industry, Educators, Learners and Society as a whole- for sustained growth. A need-based, effective, dynamic, responsive and humane education system would be capable of addressing the challenge. A synergistic industry-academia relation may serve as a key factor for achieving the goal.
Industry Institute Partnership Cell, Govt. Polytechnic College, Kalamassery, short named IIPC is a project sponsored by All India Council for Technical Education, Government of India under IIP Scheme. The cell started functioning from May 2004. We have a well equipped office functioning at Pamba Building in the premises of Govt. Polytechnic College, Kalamassery.
GPTC Kalamassery is situated in a semi-urban environment, near to metropolis and industrial hubs. Students mostly from this semi-urban socio economic background join the Polytechnic College with a dream for establishing themselves firmly within a fast-developing society. In y cases, a little push may be of great help in unleashing their potential. The IIPC, through its student-specific activities, may be a potential benefactor for the students by enhancing their skill sets.
With a view towards growing industry- academia interaction and merman support to the learner community, the IIPC of GPTC Kalamassery is functioning towards the following objectives:-
- Establishment of proper links with industries, departments and concerned agencies for conducting regularly interaction programmes, workshops, seminars, symposia etc. on mutually agreed subjects.
- Motivation, assistance and promotion of joint projects sponsored by the industries in the Institute.
- Organization of short term Industrial training and visits for students and faculty members and promote Industry Study Tour Programmes.
- Exchange of personnel between Industries and the Institute by way of inviting them for delivering lectures on latest technological advancement in Industries, development of curricula as per Industry need and for participation in other academic work in the Institute.
- Organizing short term courses for personnel working in Industries as per their need.
- Signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with major Industries. Interaction with industries for placement and summer training of our students.
- Organization of staff development Programmes.
- To arrange for soft and hard-skill enhancement programs for the students.
- To encourage entrepreneurial activities among the students.
- To support consultancy/ training services using the institutional expertise to other stakeholders for resource generation and brand equity development.
- To explore the industries for support in academic activities through Corporate Social Responsibility programs.
- To help the community through training and expertise development of the local artisans/craftsmen.
- IIPC has actively established strong liaisons with the various private companies and PSUs near to Kalamassery area.
IIPC have signed Memorandum Of Understanding with the following companies:-
|Sl no||Name and
address of the Company
|Company specialization||MOUsigned date|
|1||KELTRON, Keltron House, Vellayambalam,Trivandrum .||Electronics Engineering||13/09/12|
|2||SIDCO (Kerala Small industries Development Corporation LTD ) Housing board building, santhi nagar ,Trivandrum||Civil Engineering||13/09/12|
|3||TV Sundram Iyenger & Sons Limited , NationalHighway, Kaloor, Cochin .||Automobile Engineering||22/01/13|
|4||Binani Zinc LTD , Binanipuram, Eloor||Chemical Engineering||03/01/13|
|5||Nippon Motor corporation LTD, Kalamassery , Cochin.||Automobile Engineering||15/10/12|
|6||Popular Mega Motors India Limited , Cochin.||Automobile Engineering||15/10/12|
|7||Neptune ready-mix Concrete Pvt Limited ,Edayar .||Civil Engineering||03/01/13|
|8||Asset Homes, Panampilly Nagar, Kochi-36, Kerala.||Civil Engineering||03/01/13|
|9||Popular Motor World Private limited , Cochin.||Automobile Engineering||22/01/13|