Industry Institute Partnership Cell
Industry Institute Partnership Cell, Govt. Polytechnic College, Kalamassery, short named IIPC is a project sponsored by All India Council for Technical Education, Government of India under IIP Scheme. GPC Kalamassery is situated in a semi-urban environment, near metropolis and industrial hubs. Students mostly from this semi-urban socio economic background join the Polytechnic College with the dream of establishing themselves firmly within a fast-developing society. In these cases, a little push may be of great help in unleashing their potential. The IIPC, through its student-specific activities, is a potential benefactor for the students by enhancing their skill sets.
IIPC is conducting Training Programs in association with Additional Skill Acquisition Program(ASAP) .There are two programs, i.e, Automation Technology Basic level and Fashion Designer program .These Programs are oriented towards assuring an additional training skill to the participants.
IIPC is conducting Industrial training programs as a part of the curriculum for various polytechnic and engineering students in association with the GPTCK- Bosch Rexroth Centre of Competence in Automation Technologies. It also actively organizes Faculty Development Training Programs for staffs.
- Establishment of proper links with industries, departments and concerned agencies and conducting regularly interaction programs, workshops, seminars, symposia etc. on mutually agreed subjects
- Motivation, assistance and promotion of joint projects sponsored by the industries in the Institute.
- Coordination and promotion of Consultancy and Testing Services in the Institute or Industries.
- Organization of short term Industrial training and visits for students and faculty members and promote Industry Study Tour Program.
- Exchange of personnel between Industries and the Institute by way of inviting them for delivering lectures on latest technological advancement in Industries, development of curricula as per Industry need and for participation in other academic work in the Institute.
- Organizing short term courses for personnel working in Industries as per their need.
- Signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with major Industries. Interaction with industries for placement and summer training of our students.
- Organization of staff development Programs.
IIPC conducted an Inter branch Project Competition on 16/03/2018 for the final year students of Govt. Polytechnic College, Kalamassery. Students from different branches presented many working models and prototypes in the competition. Expert committee examined the projects. Prizes for first and second place in seven branches were distributed
Coordinator:Krishna Dasan V B
Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering